Aerial Arts offer a thrilling way to push your personal limits both mentally and physically. Whether you’re looking for a challenging hobby or you’re interested in serious training, there are classes to suit your goals.
If you would like to train with us, check out the aerial program offered through BRASS BUTTERFLIES, Waterloo’s premiere Pole and Aerial Studio.
Visit Brass Butterflies for information on the Aerial Program
(Managed by Lindsay Bellaire, AD of Theatre Arcturus)
ABOUT AERIAL CLASSES
HOW WILL AERIAL ARTS BENEFIT YOU?
Aerial training is a full body challenge that develops transferable skills for everyday life and other activities/sports.
- Practical Strength: Aerial training builds core and upper body strength that is useful in day-to-day situations, which keeps you safe and increases your confidence.
- Coordination: Because your whole body has to work in sync, you will become more efficient with your movements.
- Spatial and Body Awareness: Develop a stronger connection to your body, and the way it relates to the world around you.
- Break Down Mental Barriers: You will be challenged with skills that are beyond your abilities (especially if you’ve never done a pull-up before!). If you meet it with commitment and determination, you will amaze yourself when you find that barriers can be broken over time, leaving you wondering, “what other limits have I placed on myself that aren’t actually there?”
- Community: Turn off your phone, step onto the training floor, meet new people and be part of a fun, supportive community.
WHAT IS AERIAL SILKS?
Also known as fabric or tissu, aerial silks combine impressive strength, flexibility, movement and artistry to create a stunning performance high off the ground. Aerialists climb, wrap, twist, and drop on fabric that is suspended from the ceiling.
WHAT IS AERIAL HOOP?
An aerial hoop, also known as lyra, is a solid steel hoop that is attached to a line (or rope) and hung from a point. The aerialist moves below, through and above the hoop in a performance of strength and grace.